What you get:
- A downloadable 16-week training plan in PDF format
- Weekly Summary option
- Explanations of workouts and pacing
Who this plan is for:
- Someone who has already completed a 50K or is trying for a 50K on the trail vs road.
- Someone who is looking to go faster, not just to finish a 50K.
- Someone who is looking to move from the marathon to the 50K.
- Have completed a 13 mile run within the last 2 weeks leading up to the plan
- Run five days per week
- Start at an average of 30mpw
All of these workouts are by distance or time. Take the rest days seriously. If you have an established strength program, those days should be on your hard workout days and after the run.
|1||Rest||6 w/2×6. 1 w/u then 2×6 min on with 3 min off||5 easy road||10 min w/u 10×1 min hard, 1 min easy 10 min c/d||rest||Long Run 2.5 hours. w/u and c/d on road. Middle on the trails||Trail Day recovery for 1.5 hours|